Monday 17 November 2008

Noise has Stopped. Finally!

The deafening squawking trumpets started up again - 05:30 this time instead of 05:00. I suppose I should be grateful for small mercies but it still didn't put me in a good humour I have to say. I left the house early to get away from it. Thankfully, when I returned home at 18:30, the noise had stopped and the speakers had gone. I will have to have a word with the temple's "committee" to persuade them to move the speakers next time.

Not the best of days at SISP - it ended with me trying to give tuition to R and Y, two 9 year old little horrors. To my question of "What year is it?" I got replies such as "105", Wednesday, August, 11..... Each copies the other, even if the other's answer is ridiculous. They titter at each other, even if I separate them, and they incessantly chatter and don't pay attention. God, they're hard work!

I found it difficult to believe that when I asked them their dates of birth they had no idea, and couldn't even identify the year. Later I was told by the teachers that this was not uncommon.

No comments:

Post a Comment