Sunday 9 November 2008

Catching Up with Friends and Family

The last few evenings have been spent catching up with friends by email. I have been able to connect to JET, read my old Inbox, and deal with a few problems there.

I've just had an hour-long Skype chat with my daughter. It was great to hear her voice again, hear her news, tell her mine and to "connect". I was also able to order some CDs from Amazon for my son's birthday which is imminent. Isn't technology wonderful? It can also be very time-consuming. Dealing with the backlog of emails has meant that I'm feeling quite tired as a result because I'm not getting to bed as early as I'd like.

Went for a walk and discovered just how inaccurate Indian maps can be. Incorrectly named beaches, wrongly drawn roads - all very confusing. The online maps aren't much better. Still, it meant that I chatted to a few people to get directions. I'm trying to find the best way to Samudra beach, where Phil and Jackie, friends of mine, will be staying briefly at the end of next week. Looks like one of us will have to use an autorickshaw if we're to meet up - just too far otherwise.

Discovered fresh pineapple today - absolutely delicious! 22Rs for a medium-sized one, that's about 28pence. I cut it all up and ate half, and put the other half in the fridge. It was as much as I could do to restrain myself from eating it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment