Thursday 18 February 2010

Bit of a Cold

I've had a bad cold for the last week.  My temperature keeps going up and down - one minute I'm feeling hot, the next, cold.  I took my temperature this morning - one degree higher than normal.  Not a lot, but clearly enough to make me feel rough, and accompanied by coughs, sneezes and a dry throat.  Maybe it's what they call "fever" in this part of India - an often-given reason for days off school.  I've managed to keep going but only just.  I'm seriously considering taking tomorrow off.  It's my toughest day but I think they might just have to cope without me.

I've been taking Paracetamol when my temperature's been high.  It helps a lot!  But I'm concerned that my body might not be fighting the bugs as effectively as it would at the higher temp.  Or is the higher temp an indicator that my body is fighting back?  I don't know.  Anyway, I'm a reluctant pill-popper, who believes that symptoms must be there for a good reason - in this case perhaps they're telling me to slow down and take tomorrow off!  On the other hand, I'm a stubborn old git martyr sod bloke who thinks that a mere cold is not a good enough reason for time off work.  On the other other hand, I doubt anyone would appreciate generosity with germs!  Hmmm ... perhaps not coincidentally, many kids seem to be off sick at the moment ...

No comments:

Post a Comment