Tuesday 28 July 2009

Flights and Is There Anybody There?

planeI'll be flying back to the UK in a little over two months' time. If all goes to schedule I'll arrive 20:15 at Heathrow on Thursday 1st October. On this visit I'll have to renew my visa. I currently have a Tourist Visa which is simple to get but doesn't allow me to work, even without pay. I've also heard that India is clamping down on back-to-back Tourist Visas because their regularity implies that something other than tourism is going on. I'm hoping to get an Entry Visa this time, which will allow me to work as a volunteer. I'll support my application with a letter from SISP but I don't know how successful I'll be and, because of the uncertainty, I haven't booked a return flight to India yet. And if I wait until I have my visa before booking, which is what they advise me to do, then the flight costs will soar because of the short notice. I wonder if there's a flexible ticket which can be cancelled or postponed and which isn't horribly expensive...

Does anybody read this blog? M&S do, and CWG does, and CCE and JEE, but anybody else? I know it's a subscription blog with only 20 members but I feel that most of you guys have lost interest. What am I doing wrong? What would you like me to write about? To make it worth the effort I'm wondering about opening it up to the general public. That will mean I'll need to go back over it and delete the more personal stuff so it'll be a while before I get around to it, if ever. Is it worth the effort? Is there anything of interest to anybody out there, d'you think?

Hello?

No comments:

Post a Comment