Monday 27 April 2009

Pimple Explosion!

I imagine it's because I've just come from 3C-10C in the UK to 30C+ in India but my back, front, shoulders, neck, temples, and arms exploded with hundreds of spots! Little pustules with inflamed patches around them. Delightful! They're either a Heat Rash or Tropical Acne or Prickly Heat. It is noticeably more humid than the start of April and I've been dripping in sweat as my body tries to acclimatise. Anyway, thankfully, the spots are now beginning to recede. I have a photo but you'll be relieved that I'm not going to show it to you!

On my first day back from the UK I decided that the best way to overcome my despondency was to throw myself back into work and that's what I did. The kids were delighted to see me I'm pleased to say. This is a busy period as we have end-of-year exams for the week beginning 4th May, and I've yet to set the questions. I've also offered to set the Maths questions for Preethimol, the slightly backward girl in E-Group. I've also exchanged a few emails with my daughter which has done us both good.

At SISP there's a new volunteer, Natasha, who's here for a further two weeks. She's mid-twenties and Belgian, like Hanne and Anoda, the two girls who have just left, but her English is orders of magnitude better. She teaches well, is very organised and has a good rapport with the kids. It's nice being able to converse easily with someone here but a shame she's leaving so soon because she'd be very good for SISP.

No comments:

Post a Comment